Featured: Accessible Accordions
If you ever wondered how to approach an accordian in an accessible way, this is your week. Scott O’Hara and Heydon Pickering both have tutorials on building one that will make your job easier and teach you a thing or two.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- An accessibility reading list (blog post)
- Stop designing for only 85% of users: Nailing sccessibility in design (blog post)
- Screen reader user survey #7 open until Nov. 1st (resource)
- Accessibility spotlight #1: Heathrow’s autism passenger guide (blog post)
- Upgrading DOM hierarchy for sccessibility with sria-owns (blog post)
- A11y Rules podcast episode 13 - Interview with Arthur Gouveia - Part 1 (podcast)
- Considerations around the accessibility of a WinForms Store app (blog post)
- Accessibility legal update with Lainey Feingold (video)
New to A11y
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.