Featured: Mobile accessibility testing guide for Android and iOS
I confess, I usually don’t spotlight as many mobile accessibility resources in this newsletter. I should try to change that, and this testing guide by The Paciello Group is a great start.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Don’t use ARIA menu roles for site nav (blog post)
- Hey, it’s still ok to use tables (blog post)
- Understanding WCAG 2.1: A history of WCAG (blog post)
- Does your video need standard or extended description? (blog post)
- Local and remote accessibility events (resource)
- A Workshop on accessible content (blog post)
- Audio transcripts are important (blog post)
- Understanding disabilities and impairments: user profiles (resource)
- Digital accessibility newsletters (blog post)
New to A11y
Designing for color blindness can often be misunderstood. Adam Silver lays out the challenges faced by those with color blindness and what tools you can use to help design better experiences for them.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.