Featured: When the most accessible experience is different for each user
Consistency usually turns out to be a good thing, but not in all cases. Eric Bailey explains in this week’s feature.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Creating a company culture that promotes accessibility (blog post)
- Inclusive design checklist (resource)
- Out with accessibility - In with inclusive design (video)
- Voice first: The future of interaction? (blog post)
- Inclusive design 24, November 2017 (videos)
- What is life really like for disabled people? The Disability Diaries reveal all (article)
- Understanding WCAG 2.1: What to expect (blog post)
- Happier HTML5 form validation (blog post)
New to A11y
Even though the Web’s creators made it as a document sharing system, the world still relies on certain document formats. PDF is one of those, and creating an accessible PDF can prove challenging. Patrick Loftus walks you through what goes into one and much more.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.