Featured: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines — for people who haven’t read them
If you’re new to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, or even if you’re not and want a refresher, Alan Dalton has just the post you on 24 ways. He has put together an in-depth look at the web standard that drives much of accessibility around the world.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- ESPN web accessibility guide (resource)
- OS: High contrast versus inverted colors (blog post)
- Videos from a11yclub: Talks from Heydon Pickering, Laura Kalbag, and Detlev Fischer (videos)
- New site-wide WAVE Tools (blog post)
- Important considerations regarding accessible drag and drop for web technologies (blog post)
- Accessibility first: Rethinking the way we approach website design and development (blog post)
New to A11y
If you’re new to accessibility, you may have heard a thing or two about it. Some things might be true and some might be misconceptions. It’s a good idea to know what’s what before you start learning even more.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.