Featured: Talking to Léonie Watson about computer vision and blindness
In an interview transcript, Léonie Watson talks with Peter Gasston about computer vision – extracting semantic data from photos and video using machine learning.
Read Talking to Léonie Watson about computer vision and blindness.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Accessibility testing tools for desktop and mobile websites (blog post)
- React’s accessibility code linter (blog post)
- Building a culture of accessibility: Leadership roles (blog post)
- Writing automated tests for accessibility (blog post)
- Dear public speaker… you lost me at “hello” (blog post)
- ARIA Switch Demo (code)
- Excluded from Confoo speaker dinner – what happened and how it made me feel (blog post)
- Assistive tech: Switch device (video podcast)
- Screen reader user survey #7 results (resource)
- A11y Rules Podcast Episode 21 - Interview with Jeffrey Zeldman - Part 1 (podcast)
- The trials and tribulations of the title attribute (blog post)
- How to boost your website’s accessibility + SEO (blog post)
New to A11y
It’s easy to think that your customers don’t have disabilities, but here’s the thing: You can’t know your customer’s environment. People with disabilities can be anywhere. Be mindful of that.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.