Featured: A tale of two rooms: Understanding screen reader navigation
Ryan Jones takes you through what it’s like to navigate a web page with a screen reader, something many web workers might wonder about.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- aria-expanded does not require a fallback (blog post)
- How blind people use iPhones (video)
- Rethinking the slideshow: Be the hero of your next web design project (blog post)
- Ashley Bischoff - Embracing plain language for better accessibility (video talk)
- Understanding WCAG 2.1 – Reviewing mobile success criteria (blog post)
- How design for one turns into design for all (article)
New to A11y
The National Center on Disability and Access to Educationhas has created four new accessibility cheatsheets for Word and PowerPoint 2016 for Windows and Mac. These single-page resources provide such value because I often find knowing the accessibility ins and outs of authoring programs like Word and PowerPoint can take time to learn.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.