Featured: How to meet the needs of older Internet users
People who were in in their 40s during the Internet boom of the late 90s will now be coming into retirement, suggesting a new wave of tech savvy seniors. What do you do when accessibility is a spectrum, especially regarding age? Rakesh Paladugula has some tips.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- GitHub contributions chart (blog post)
- How to design for everyone, in three steps (blog post)
- A11y Tour (event)
- Five video bloggers doing captioning right (blog post)
- Leveraging machine learning in iOS For improved accessibility (blog post)
- Accessibility vs. inclusive design: My point of view (blog post)
- What’s in your toolbox? Tools and techniques for developers for accessibility testing (video)
New to A11y
Technology is relying more and more on voice interfaces that don’t have a screen, display or tactile interface. Bo Campbell has some tips on how to handle accessibility with voice interfaces that you’ll find helpful. The future is already here.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.