Featured: How to scale your accessibility initiatives by empowering and equipping your workforce
Dennis Lembree points out that great accessibility doesn’t just happen. He gives you the tips to make accessibility last for the long run.
Read How to scale your accessibility initiatives by empowering and equipping your workforce.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Short note on hiding stuff in interactive elements from screen readers (blog post)
- Assistive technologies – the switch (blog post)
- Tables, CSS display properties, and ARIA (blog post)
- WebAIM announced API support its contrast checker (tweet)
- Interview with Glenda Sims - Part one (podcast)
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella: How empathy sparks innovation (blog post)
- It’s illegal to have an inaccessible website in Norway — and that’s good news for all of us (blog post)
- H.R. 620 vote enables discrimination and ignores website accessibility (blog post)
New to A11y
Barclays has put together an excellent page on inclusive design, all about how to make sure that products and services address the needs of the widest possible audiences and are accessible to all.
Last week, I included a link to an article about Leveraging machine learning in iOS for improved accessibility. That link was broken. Give it a visit now if you’re interested.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.