Featured: Notification components
Heydon Pickering looks at notification components and how they can increase confidence in the use of web applications, in an inclusive way.
Read Notification components.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- HTML source order and when there’s no CSS (video)
- Why aren’t we doing this already? : What I’ve learned about accessibility in the tech industry (blog post)
- YouTube Live gains automatic captions, chat replay and more (article)
- The Sa11ytaire experiment: Part 1 – setting the scene (blog post)
- Making the most of landmark roles (blog post)
- Overly accessible? (blog post)
- Your interactive makes me sick (blog post)
- WCAG 2.1 candidate recommendation – what it means for Level AA compliance (blog post)
- Accessibility testing for beginners (blog post)
- A11y Rules podcast episode 30 - Interview with Glenda Sims - Part 2 (podcast)
- WCAG 2.1: Success criteria for cognitive disabilities (blog post)
New to A11y
Scott O’Hara explains accessible landmarks: what they are, what they do and how to use them. It’s the perfect primer if you’ve had questions about landmarks.
Last week, I included a link to an article about Leveraging machine learning in iOS for improved accessibility. That link was broken. Give it a visit now if you’re interested.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.