Featured: A browser-based, open source tool for alternative communication
Amberley Romo and Shay Cojocaru tell the story behind how open source, accessibility and web standards made the perfect combination for a new solution to an old problem.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Tips for conducting usability studies with participants with disabilities (blog post)
- Tweaking text level styles (blog post)
- Accessible autosuggest dropdown (code)
- A primer to web accessibility for designers (blog post)
- Writing CSS with accessibility in mind (video)
- Google Maps now features wheelchair-accessible routes (blog post)
- Cognitive accessibility (video)
- Colour deficit help (blog post)
- Labels required (blog post)
New to A11y
Tanner Christensen lays out a vision for digital product design is headed, and empathy shines through as a theme. “The digital product design industry needs leaders who put empathy, inclusion, and a humanistic vantage into all parts of the work they do,” the post states. Good thing you’re reading this newsletter.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.