Featured: Designing for accessibility and inclusion
Steven Lambert uses lenses as a filter to explain and help you understand how different aspects of design affect the needs of users when comes to accessibility.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Open sourcing Design System React (blog post)
- Force focus tools (blog post)
- Why authors should avoid aria-relevant (blog post)
- Introducing the Accessibility Inspector in the Firefox Developer Tools (blog post)
- What it’s like to be a blind software engineer at Amazon (blog post)
- Why let someone know when a link opens a new window? (blog post)
- Short note on accommodating the users display preferences on iOS (blog post)
New to A11y
Oliver Lindberg shares some practical tips on getting started with inclusive design on the Shopify Partners blog. I love how the advice here ranges from broad to detailed. You’re sure to find something to start working on right away, no matter your skill set or job title.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.