Featured: Managing heading levels in design systems
Heydon Pickering talks about headings, one of my favorite topics in web accessibility. Why? Because as Heydon says, “Headings are infrastructure.”
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Accessible design equals better design with Derek Featherstone (podcast)
- Dynamically generated alt text (experiment)
- WCAG 2.1: What is next for accessibility guidelines (blog post)
- What’s next? A practical introduction to accessibility on Android (blog post)
- Pinterest just redesigned its app for blind people (blog post)
- The illusion of control in web design (blog post)
- The problem with interrupti (blog post)
- More accessible markup with display: contents (blog post)
- How to create interfaces that benefit all: Accessibility testing and inclusive design principles (blog post)
New to A11y
Even though this post centers on tips for WordPress developers, most of the advice from Sami Keijonen can benefit anyone new and learning more about accessibility. One of my favrite parts: the explaination on when to use links and buttons.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.