Featured: Know your ARIA: ‘hidden’ vs ‘none’
Scott O’Hara gives you a primer on appropriately using
role="none/presentation". He explains how each do very different things to elements, but their purposes are sometimes confused by developers.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Using AI to empower people with disabilities (blog post)
- The a11y monthly: Making modals accessible (blog post)
- Designing for Everyone: Building great web experiences for any device : Build 2018 (video)
- Accessibility culture (blog post)
- How to fix the devastating impact of cognitive load on your site (blog post)
- What’s new in web accessibility (Google I/O '18) (video)
- Overriding default button styles (blog post)
New to A11y
Bo Campbell shares some tips for designing accessibility in voice user interfaces. It’s the perfect time to learn more about this since technology relies more and more on voice interfaces that don’t have a screen, display or tactile interface.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to email@example.com.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.