Featured: Web accessibility practitioners survey #2 results
WebAIM has released a new version of its Web Accessibility Practitioners survey, conducted in April, 2018. It’s an excellent snapshot of data around those who work in the field.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- The Inclusive Leader, a project (blog post – medium.com/@elnatnal)
- ODR for All: Digital accessibility and disability accommodations in online dispute resolution (article – mediate.com)
- 24 Accessibility looking for blog posts (tweet – twitter.com/24accessibility)
- How to tell if you are required to caption your videos (blog post – 3playmedia.com)
- We are the original lifehackers (blog post – nytimes.com)
New to A11y
Learning about accessibility, just like web design and development in general, can be overwhelming. You usually hear about a handful of popular topics. In this space, that’s screen readers. But in this talk, Julie Grundy gives you some super useful CSS tips for low-vision accessibility. You’ll drill into a topic that goes beyond screen readers and get code you can use in your projects today.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.