Featured: Inclusive Components – Cards
Heydon Pickering discusses the process of designing and creating a card component for a web application.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Accessibility is usability (video – youtube.com)
- How to test accessibility of emails (blog post – cm.engineering)
- Material Design is a political choice (blog post – imaginarycloud.com)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 - recommended (blog post – nomensa.com)
- Pixels vs. Ems: Users do change font size (blog post – medium.com/@vamptvo)
- Strategies for accessible design (video – youtube.com)
New to A11y
Accessibility is at least 80 percent basics. If I had to start somewhere in that realm, it would probably be with Léonie Watson’s post on sematics. In a few hundred words, she conveys why structure and meaning are so important in HTML. The first paragraph alone is pure gold.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.