Featured: The science of color contrast — An expert designer’s guide
Justin Baker takes you into the science behind how color contrast works.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Short note on progressive ARIA (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
- Accessibility Developer Guide (resource – accessibility-developer-guide.com)
- E47 – Interview with Laura Kalbag – Part 1 (podcast – a11yrules.com)
- I used the web for a day with just a keyboard (blog post – smashingmagazine.com)
- The current state of modal dialog accessibility (blog post – developer.paciellogroup.com)
- Easy ARIA tip #8: Use aria-roledescription to selectively enhance the user experience (blog post – marcozehe.de)
- Theme parks, other family destinations accommodate families with autism (news article – cnn.com)
- Inclusive Design 24 returns on October 11, 2018 (event – inclusivedesign24.org)
New to A11y
We, the web works who make the web every day, make accessibility harder than it has to be. I agree with Pablo Stanley that designing for accessibility is not that hard. My favorite advice? “Make accessibility part of your design research.” Because accessibility is design.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly!. If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.