Featured: How to implement inclusive design in your organization
Matt May explains how to practice inclusive design and inclusion, in general, in our working lives.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- 10 small design mistakes we still make (blog post – uxplanet.org)
- The cost of access (blog post – laurakalbag.com)
- Firefox developer tools – Accessibility inspector (resource – developer.mozilla.org)
- Accessibility for teams (resource – accessibility.digital.gov)
- Why people with disabilities want bans on plastic straws to be more flexible (news article – npr.org)
- Brutalist web design (resource – brutalist-web.design)
New to A11y
Links make the web special, and you have to be mindful to make them accessible, like anything else. Gian Wild gives you 15 rules for making links accessible. And yes, an underline or visual cue, is important.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.