Kat Holmes, who previously worked on Microsoft’s accessibility efforts, has launced a new project called Mismatch. It’s a community and a digital magazine dedicated to advancing inclusive design.
News, resources, tools and tutorials
- Listening to poo, your emoji and you (blog post – blog.iconfactory.com)
- Why GOV.UK content should be published in HTML and not PDF (blog post – gds.blog.gov.uk)
- Testing for accessibility (resource – gov.uk)
- Assistive technologies I test with (blog post – daverupert.com)
- Sara Soueidan on designing a switch control (blog post – marcozehe.de)
- Starbucks to open first U.S. signing store (press release – starbucks.com)
New to A11y
We often think we know the people we create designs, websites and products for each day. Maybe we don’t. Liam explains what non-disabled people get wrong about accessibility. I’ve seen people make each of the mistakes listed here, inclusing myself.
Suggestions and corrections
Have a suggestion for something to be included in Accessibility Weekly? Did I make a mistake that doesn't belong on the Internet? You can either reply to this email or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorships and donations
You can sponsor Accessibility Weekly! If you or your company is interested, send a note to email@example.com.
If you enjoy the newsletter, consider making a donation.